Another Apache Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
Is there anything that monitors how many times a web page bieng served by Apache has been viewed?

Thanks
Wayne

horndude

Fully Optimized
the log file should show how many http requests there's been and from what IP and at what time, not sure if it does it for all the pages in the directory being served but Id guess that could be setup if you wanted

it should show up in a couple log files too, the system connection/xfer log file, and apache's log file I do believe

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
ok, thanks, ill go have a look, by the way, do you have a larger version of the image in ur sig? and if so, can u pm me the link?

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I found the Apache logs BTW. Also, i might as well combine another question into this thread (its another apache Question):

I installed PHPBB 2 and MYSQL 4 via Synaptic. I go to http://localhost/php/phpBB2/install/install.php and type in my information then click "Start Install", and it says:

"The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose"

Any ideas?

horndude

Fully Optimized
Off the top of my head no, Ive messed with PHP a little and as I recall you had to run a setup script, which you did..........mySQL4 is the latest version of mySQL, it may have issues with the php version your running, dont know for certain though.Seems like I read that in slashdot when the latest version of mySQL was released.......hmmmm(scratching my head).

Try searching at linuxquestions.org or mySQL's website for starters, my web server knowledge sucks.

horndude

Fully Optimized
Well, the PHP and MySQL apps are pretty complicated as far as what they can do, it may be just a configuration issue.I cant believe mySQL wouldnt work with the php database, but it want it setup a certain way thats for sure, might just be a case of doing things in a certain order too when you set it up.MySQL has some very specific steps as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.