Annoying "trying to connect to internet" issue.

Aiyana1

Beta member
Was wondering if anyone could help me with this. Somehow a while back I enabled something on my computer that keeps trying to connect to a dial-up service. I don't know how I did it at all, but it's very frustrating.

Once every 30 minutes (I'm guessing) I'll get a pop-up that'll say "Dial-up connection" and ask me to connect, even though I'm already connected. It does this continuously and it's really frustrating when I'm playing an online game and this pop-up loads and it minimizes the game so I have to pay attention to it. If I don't cancel it out it'll just stay there and a second one wont pop-up. Only problem is if I keep it up and I'm online, often times a webpage won't load up. I have to close out the stupid thing to get the webpage to load. 30 minutes later, or even a minute later it asks me to connect again.

Here's a picture of what it looks like:

issues.jpg

I seriously don't know what the hell I did to do this. Any information? Thank you.

so you need to disable the dial up?

right click MY COMPUTER, click manage, click device manager on the left in the scoll down box, now look for modems, right click yours and disable

Back
Top Bottom