Annoying Problem with Wireless Network

guitardude777

In Runtime
My desktop is connected with a wire to our router and another desktop is connected wirelessly. I'm really going crazy because I can't share any files or folders over the network. I have made shared folders on my computer, but the wireless computer isn't even seeing my computer, so I can't share files or share my printer. I while ago the wireless computer was seeing my computer, but I still couldn't share anything. Any idea what's wrong?

can the wired one see the wireless one? if so check to make sure that ALL firewalls are off (including window')

Yes, the wired one can see the wireless one. I tried turning all of the firewalls off, but that didn't help. I'll make sure the windows firewall is off on the wireless one, but I'm pretty sure it is.

This is a really annoying problem that i have had many times too. It seems that different build versions of XP has different default sharing permissions and i can't find out how to completely manipulate them (the sharing properties and permissions doesn't change it). I had this problem the other day. I have a desktop that is running a certain build version of XP and when i set any folder to share, all other network computers can see it but you're prompted for the username and password to view. The laptop, which is wireless, gives you a login box too for a share folder but it defaults to the "guest" account as the login name and will not let you change it. My guest account isnt even active. I cannot remember how the heck to fix this. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom