Anistrophic Filtering quality issue

MikeReiner

Golden Master
Update:
DirectX 9.0:
dedust20018ds5.jpg

DirectX 8.1:
dedust20017du3.jpg

OK. both shots are on my 7600GT now, 16xAF, 4xAA. Download both of the pics, open them up, and switch between the two over and over.. notice the lighting and texture differences... more specifically the cracks.. they look deeper, darker, and all around more realistic in the 8.1 shot.

obviously I will use 9.0 regardless.. my card was designed for that.. not to mention the fps is better there.

Multiplayer action needs every ounce of performance it can get it's grubby little hands on. :D

...you'd think 9.0 would look better... talk about a step backwards in terms of AF quality..

cileskot said:
i think the better card is putting out better quality myself...
the better card has anti aliasing enabled.. naturally that alone looks better.. but don't look at the jaggies.. look at the walls, the ground... it's much more crisp and clear on the older one!

Still think the 7600GT looks way better. I'll try to get Pacsteam back up and see what mine looks like and post it here

X1337 said:
Still think the 7600GT looks way better. I'll try to get Pacsteam back up and see what mine looks like and post it here
Are you paying attention to the AF or the AA?........ uhg

MikeReiner said:
Are you paying attention to the AF or the AA?........ uhg
Look clam down. I know about yout AF AA, I was just saying that 7600GT looks better than the other card

Back
Top Bottom