animated smileys on forums stopped working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
as title, havent uninstalled anything, they were working fine for months and months and today they just stopped working? its not on one site either, ive tried 2 different ones and the smileys on both are just static, ive tried using ccleaner to clean temp files, cookies etc and basically everything i can think of.

Only thing i have done is upgrade from zonealarm free version to the pro version but i disabled it to see if that was causing the problem but it wasnt as i still couldnt see the moving smileys, any ideas what the problem is? :confused:

I had the same problem once. here's how I fixed it.

In ZoneAlarm Pro, click on Privacy. Pull the slider for Ad Blocking all the way down to Off. I also have the Cookie Control slider set to Off.

Hopefully that will help.

oh, and check to make sure your browser has complete clearance throguh Pro. When you upgraded, it reset a lot of settings.

Trotter said:
I had the same problem once. here's how I fixed it.

In ZoneAlarm Pro, click on Privacy. Pull the slider for Ad Blocking all the way down to Off. I also have the Cookie Control slider set to Off.

Hopefully that will help.

oh, and check to make sure your browser has complete clearance throguh Pro. When you upgraded, it reset a lot of settings.

spot on!

Those were the options i needed to play with as the smileys are moving now :D

I didnt move cookie control, i just moved the ad blocking one down a notch to medium and that seems to have sorted it :D

Its abit strange that you cant have full ad blocking without stoping smileys from working? whats ad blocking gotta do with it? :confused:

hopefully i wont get any ads with it on medium setting, i dont wanna get a dedicated ad blocker really when zonealarm pro can do it all in one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom