And the rich get lazier....

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in all it's a good thing. Less morons dinging my car trying to parallel park in a 200 foot slot...

gaara said:
this will just encourage a generation of terrible drivers

Truth. Here i am thinking it's bad enough i'm not even considering a manual transmission, and now there are cars that will park themselves.

:confused: What is the world coming to?

The transition period between manually driven cars and automated self-driving cars will not be a smooth one. It will spark millions of terrible drivers, but at the same time, those terrible drivers are what is going to spark the development of the fully automated self-driving car. And when the cars drive for you, and they can all interact with eachother, it will be safer and more efficient that it ever has been.

The General said:
The transition period between manually driven cars and automated self-driving cars will not be a smooth one. It will spark millions of terrible drivers, but at the same time, those terrible drivers are what is going to spark the development of the fully automated self-driving car. And when the cars drive for you, and they can all interact with eachother, it will be safer and more efficient that it ever has been.

Makes sense.. If they all interact with each other (and highway sensors, and feeds on road conditions), thus being safer and almost immune to accidents, then they should be able to take us wherever at higher speeds right?

cross country road trip in one day!

i think automated driving on the highway is a good idea cause i mean theres nothing to it besides trying to keep the car in the lane. i mean it would be nice for long distance trips

I still prefer driving myself, I mean why would you buy a car to let it drive for you. I wouldn't put my trust on a computer driving for me.

Though there are times when I'm too tired to drive a stick during traffic. :p

Guys, listen, really, seriously... c'mon!!!

Auto gearboxes are bad enough..(for you lazy bstrds that drive the crappy things)
Why would you want to take all the fun out of driving by, well, just letting a lousy gaylord cpu drive for you?!

The thing i like most about driving, is just knowing that, if I want to, I can overtake that 97 yr old in front of me, on a blind bend, just missing the 16 litre Volvo truck that's coming the other way....

Not that I do that regularly, but you know what I mean....

Spartan said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And the world gets fatter...

ya.. thank god my car isn't fully automated, or i'd be really fat! no better way to work up a sweat than to drive the ol' manua-mobile.

This will be good for females, less of them pulling out in front of me in there god damned jacked up dodge ram trucks.... I almost hit 4 different trucks today beceause they pulled out in front of me and the drivers where all female high schoolers with blonde hair... wtf?? I think blondes really are a bit ehh... anyways, full auto for chicks, let guys drive what ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom