And the award for the Best Browser goes to??

My favorite browser is Google Chrome, and currently, I'm using both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The Chrome browser for general things, and Firefox for works, as I love the way how Firefox organize things, such as saved passwords and profiles.

Do you have Chrome56? A solution would be for you to update to Chrome56, which is meant to be way safer. Chrome 56 ensures that web addresses where credit card information and passwords are transferred over theHTTP, will be preceded with ‘not secure'.I recommend reading this blog post i came across, it explains Chrome56 in a well written summary.

I don't think that is the answer/reason. It could be caused by a number of factors such as Wallaby Dan's internet connection or the where the website being hosted or the website is poorly designed and not very optimised or even the age of the computer/device he is using as described in another post he made in another thread.

Its from a HP computer with a asus motherboard. They made them for Compaq and HP. The model is A8N-LA Nagami. its running 4 gigs of DDR400. A Athlon 64X2 4800++ 2.5 g dual-core. Also running a video card by MSI a GT710 with 2 gigs of ram(ddr3)

That one don't really make any sense. it was fast. almost as fast as the computer itself when off line. Just the last few days or a week it has started to really slow down. When i did a speed test it showed 879 pings with 2.78 down and .75 up. I took Chrome out and then reinstalled it, no change. I am wondering if the modem is going bad. even my android is running slow too. not as bad but still slower than if i let it run on cell service. Debs computer seems to be ok but haven't really checked it out. I have reset the modem and i also reset the wifi. I use Hughes satellite internet thru Dish. Its showing good signal at 94% signal. I am running Panda antivirus, Malwarebytes and glarys utilities and have added ad blocker to it yesterday. I am thinking about the 10/100 ethernet maybe going bad. I used a wifi card in it before but it went bad so i switched back last year to the built in card. I am thinking about going to wifi again.

At work I use Firefox for surfing the web and IE for accessing our internal network applications etc... at home I use Firefox to surf and IE very occasionally for *cough* inprivate browsing *cough* :whistling:

I have not used a MS broswer since IE8 so couldn't comment on what newer versions are like as i switched to Firefox at about version 3.6 and hadm been using FF up until a few weeks ago when i moved over to Chrome mainly because I can sync bookmarks and history between desktop, tablet and phone.
I know that FF lets you do this also but found FF to be very resource hungry on Android and slowed down the tablet

Back
Top Bottom