Analog out of Range

Yup only four months old, should be good under the one year. BTW it seems to be crashing at the same points now as I mentioned earlier. And the monitor pops up with that Analog error, the speakers make a weird noise, and the computer is totally unresponsive and you cannot turn it off manually, only by cutting the power.

Patch 2 Changelog:

Optimizations and Stability

* Corrected a number of memory leaks with FSAA modes.
* Optimized Object Motion Blur for DX10 Very High Spec
* Destroying objects will now properly remove their decals from the world under DX10.
* Fixed a number of memory leaks with some procedural vegetation and destroyable objects physicalization.
* Fixed issue in windowed mode where the map or weapon attachment UI cursor can leave the game window.
* Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash
* Fixed crash with AI triangulation in the editor

Could one of these be my problem? This is what is fixed in the patch.

EDIT: The patch didnt work, now I'm mad :/
EDIT 2: Just looked back at reviews and found this one:

Big Disappointment 04/03/2009
By KB0210 from Rochester, NY Read all my reviews
Value for Price2.0
Features4.0
Performance4.0
Reliability1.0

What's great about it: Fast when it works...
What's not so great: Doesn't work, getting runaround from Gateway

"Computer dies when I do anything graphic intensive, gaming is impossible. I'm pretty sure it's the power supply. Gateway says "reinstall all software to factory presets"."

EDIT3: Apparently other reviews are saying they experience crashes in games, etc. because of the small 400watt power supply. Could this be true?

Gateway put a 400W PSU in their computers? That's a new one on me. I thought they were in the 300W range.

I didn't realize that this was a prebuilt comp. Maybe that's your problem then as the HD 4850 requires at least a 450W unit. Have a look at the sticker on the side of the PSU and post up it's power outputs.

Sorry the power supply is 500watt, but apparently some people think it is too small. Below is a picture of every cable I have that relates to the monitor. An HDMI plug, a DVI-A connector and a VGA cable. Oh and BTW the 4850 only has two DVI ports, no VGA, so it needs to be channeled through the DVI-A connector. Perhaps the problem might be occuring there?

30t15ya.jpg

The power supply should be fine. They recommend at least a 450W for an HD 4850.

If you're using the DVI-VGA adapter that came with the video card, that should be good too if the connectors are screwed together securely.

Do you have the 6 pin power adaptor connected to the video card?

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll try them tomorrow. And BTW how will I check the fan speeds/temps if it freezes then I have to cut the power? :S

Back
Top Bottom