An interesting idea that cuts back on delinquent members

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I joined another forum just the other day which turns out to have a massive community. Well, they're using an idea to make sure members who join that aren't legitimate and going to spam the hell out of the forums can't do it. At least not entirely. They use an initiation period where new members can only access a single initiation forum and cannot view or access the main forum. Members who wish to eventually fully join have to post introductory threads and whatever else before they are accepted by the moderators (by the mod's discretion) into the main forum.

I'm not saying we need to use this. I just thought it was an interesting concept.

edit - i suppose in our case, as I just realized, this wouldnt be fair to the people who just want to ask a question and leave. But ya, like i said, i only brought this up for discussion really.

Yeah, it's used a lot where you have to make 5 posts in whichever certain sections before you can access the rest of the forum.

But as you said, 90% of the people who come here just want to ask a quick question then leave. They probably wouldn't bother waiting.

No, they probably wouldn't want to wait. Heck, I wouldn't want to wait either.

Or we could ban the ip of the guy spamming. but sense the forum doesnt support that we have to resort to this?

Or we could ban the ip of the guy spamming. but sense the forum doesnt support that we have to resort to this?

You know almost all residential lines are dynamic IP's and change whenever you power on and off the modem? Makes it impossible to ban people like george.

For the spammers, most post from China or Russia. I suggest banning China from the forums, but nobody's done anything to make this a reality.

You know almost all residential lines are dynamic IP's and change whenever you power on and off the modem? Makes it impossible to ban people like george.

For the spammers, most post from China or Russia. I suggest banning China from the forums, but nobody's done anything to make this a reality.

yh unfortuantely or not mine is static which kinda gets me worried means im easily tracable but comes in handy for my web server

Back
Top Bottom