An inquiry on DVR Hard Drives

jasonbourne

Baseband Member
I have a Direct TV DVR Reciever that has a few shows that I recorded onto it. I was wondering if there was a way to get a PC to read the DVR hard drive? I've connected the hard drive to my computer and the computer reads it but it says that the DVR Hard drive is not formatted. I guess I could just capture the shows using a capture card but I'm just wanting to know if there is a way to copy the files off the DVR onto my PC.

I have a Direct TV DVR Reciever that has a few shows that I recorded onto it. I was wondering if there was a way to get a PC to read the DVR hard drive? I've connected the hard drive to my computer and the computer reads it but it says that the DVR Hard drive is not formatted. I guess I could just capture the shows using a capture card but I'm just wanting to know if there is a way to copy the files off the DVR onto my PC.

Yes PC's will read them. However the filesystem on the hard drive is like ext2 or ext3 and you will need a pc running a distribution of linux to read it.

Back
Top Bottom