America's Army as good as Call of Duty 2?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I downloaded the trial for Call of Duty 2, and liked it. I was wondering if America's Army is as good, better, or almost as good as Call of Duty 2? I like call of duty, but dont think i will be spending the money on it...if america's army is just as good, then i will just get that since it's free.

I downloaded the trial for Call of Duty 2, and liked it. I was wondering if America's Army is as good, better, or almost as good as Call of Duty 2? I like call of duty, but dont think i will be spending the money on it...if america's army is just as good, then i will just get that since it's free.

I liked AA for a while. but then I realized it wasn't good. So, no. AA sucks after a while. Especially compared to other fps's.

It's a ton more realistic than Call of Duty. It's probably one of the most realistic shooters out there. If you want a shoot-'em-up game, this might not be for you. It's very tactical. Lots of strategy and planning involved in the play. You need to depend on your team a lot, you can't do it by yourself.

That said, it's free, and you can't argue with that.

It's a ton more realistic than Call of Duty. It's probably one of the most realistic shooters out there. If you want a shoot-'em-up game, this might not be for you. It's very tactical. Lots of strategy and planning involved in the play. You need to depend on your team a lot, you can't do it by yourself.

That said, it's free, and you can't argue with that.

It's THE most realistic game. It can get boring after a while, really boring

I havn't played AA but I have definately played COD1 and COD2, and they are just amazing. I love them, would have to say one of the best games i've played, after Max Payne of course.

Matt

Depends. America's Army is more realistic. Your weapons will jam, running seems slower etc. Call of Duty is more geared towards fast action so the health system is like Halo 2's and it's more run 'n gun.

COD2 single player isnt the best no storyline i like WWII games when your charcter has a background.
anyone ever played Unreal 2 The Awakening BEST storyline hands down. its a short game but great gameplay just no replayablity w\o multiplayer. not even bots

AA is good if you like working as a team but after a while you get good enough where having crappy teamates pisses you off so much you quit. i HATE people in that game who think teamwork isnt important in that game.

Call of Duty 2 single player isn't bad. It's based on real World War II campaigns, so the characters might be fictitious, but the battles were based on real engagements.

America's Army isn't bad considering it has the best pricetag of FREE. :p The only thing I don't like is the anti-cheating software they use and the hackers. It takes forever for updates and anti-cheating software to load, even if you have really fast broadband. To make things worse, there's TONS of hackers on AA servers. One time my friend was walking around and there was no one around and out of nowhere he got shot. Funny thing was that the guy was pretty much on the other side of the map. :p Another thing I don't like that much is the REALLY hard training missions. It takes a lot of patience to pass them, especially for the Special Ops ones.

Back
Top Bottom