AMD2 Athlon 3500 for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socket Z

Beta member
HI,

I build alot of systems for various people, and I have had a request for a stable cheap gaming system.

I have got the graphics motherboard and memory pretty much covered but I was just looking for some advice on whether the AMD2 Athlon 3500 chip would be any good for gaming?

I've always used pentiums but I have heard that AMD are pretty stable for gaming.

Thanks for your help,

Andy

u've always used pentiums? man have ur customers been getting ripped......AMD (currently) kicks Intels a55. right now AMD is better than intel at everything, multi tasking, video editign, gaming, u name it. anywayz.....just out of curiosity which grapihcs and motherboard and memory did u have planned?

as for CPU, you should go with the 3800+ am2.

Socket Z said:
HI,
I've always used pentiums but I have heard that AMD are pretty stable for gaming.
AMD processors are great for gaming. If you're building a gaming system, definitely go with AMD.

yes go with the amd 3800+ am2 and overclock it. But other then that

amd if your into gaming.
Intel if your into video encoding.

its as simple as that

if you going for gaming think about the video card instead of the processor. an 3800 x2 performs the same as a amd 3000. the 3800 beats the 3000 int he fact that it can run mutilple programs with suffering from slow down. other then that the 3800 x2 and the 3000 both run single threaded games at the same speed of 1.8 ghz(i believe). dont think fo processor when u want gaming first choose the video card and build your system around that.

Like most people suggested, go with the 3800+, because dual core is the way to go right now and for a while down the road.

john3 said:
right now AMD is better than intel at everything, multi tasking, video editign, gaming, u name it.

No, AMDs are better for gaming and multitasking. Intels are better at video encoding.

Hey thanks guys for the replies, I would never of known AMD for gaming! and the replies have, once again been brilliant!

I am going to go with the 3800 and the Video card is going to be a 6800 GS PCI-E, due to the fact my client doesnt really want to spend LOADS (He also wants a 19" monitor and 8.1 Surround). Of course this may change once I discuss it with him.

Thanks for all your replies it has been most helpful!

You're customers have been getting ripped....

In response to this, I should of made it clear that I have never really touched on specifying gaming systems. I build custom machines for programmers and developers, and in my experience Intel have always been a reliable performer in this field.

Thanks Again,

Andy

seems like you discovered AMD a little too late, as intel will shortly retake the performance crown.

actually, after looking at reviews, prices and benchmarks. I say go with the intel conroe. even the cheepest chip ( priced at a little over 200) can better tjhe AM2 4400+

The cheapest chip is priced at $186, is the 1.86Ghz E6300, and is better than the X2 4800+ (most of the time).

The "little over 200 chip" is the $224 2.13Ghz E6400 and is better than the FX-62 (always).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom