Amd

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
yo i brought a amd athlon 64bit 3000+ not that long a go it is a 200mhz and i looked at the bios bit and it says over clock 200mhz and it could go to 400mhz what would 300mhz be like would it be 3 gig and 4 gig rounded to a pentium.
Not just that i put it to a 250 mhz and saved it then restarted my pc it would not let me do this it let me put it to a 210mhz but i put it back to a 200mhz, what would i need to put it to a 300mhz do i need a water cooling for my athlon.

thats because amd locked the 64's multipliers, so you can only change the fsb, i think. and you dont need to get the athlon's clock speed to 3 or 4ghz, because the athlons operate differently. amd's have 9 IPC (instructions per clock) and intel have 6 IPC. so for example, my 3400+ (oc'ed to 2.42) is about the same as a 3.4ghz intel non-EE. because my amd's clock speed times the IPC would give me: 21.78 and intel's 3.4ghz would be: 20.4 :) but ill say one thing, good choice for picking AMD.

u probably need water cooling or phase change. 100mhz is a big increase. you will need at least RAM that comes with 2-2-2-5 timings. And yes, it will be very fast. (I dont know if you can even do that though)

yer what i am saying what would it be if i OVER C MINE to 250mhz what would it be then rounded to the pentium would it be a 3.5g our i dont no: do i need any cooling to OC my AMD.

well first of all you would need to see if your mobo lets you raise the vcore. like mine wouldnt let me raise it, so it would get pretty unstable when i raised it to 228mhz. usually the key to overclocking is your mobo. and yes you would need cooling! if you arent gonna raise the speed that high, you can even use a stock fan! :D just like me!

so how do i find these things out rite this is my mobo K8 TRITON SERIES K8NS Pro NFORCE 3 MOBO
AGP8X,DDR 400+, ATA133 RAID, SERIAL ATA .....ETC, I HAVE A AMD ATHLON 3000+ [64bit]
MY RAM IS 640MB THATS WHAT I NO COULD YOU HELP ME MORE NOW PLEASE thnx 4 the help b4 and thnx if ADVANCED HELP

Back
Top Bottom