AMD XP 2000+ Equivilant

Lord Mythirion said:
What is AMD XP 2000+'s equivilant processor from Intel? I need to know what kind of games that processor can do.
Well, some games run off the GPU these days. But new games like Alan Awake use the CPU for Phyics and giving the GPU data to render. With the AMD XP 2000+, you cant get that far with newer games. It all depends on what type of ram you have, what speed is your ram rated, how fast your GPU can render the game.

Also what do you mean, you want to know how fast your AMD would be to a intel. Some people, take there current CPU speed Ex > 1.8 x 1.5 = 2.7GHZ, What is how fast A Intel CPU would be to your AMD. But there is many conflits in that becuase The Intel mit have more cache than the AMD, or more memory Etc..

Alan Wake is crazy. Single-core processors can't even deal with the stress. Remedy is using multithreading to the max. Everything from physics, sound, terrain, enviroments, AI, etc. are all processed by dedicated threads. The demo that Remedy showed off at IDF 2006 was using Intel's Core 2 Quad processor. :D It's so nice...

The XP series won't handle games too well. The architecture is outdated. You might get older games to perform well, but even present games won't run as well unless you have the settings lower.

I currently have a Core 2 Duo processor, but the XP is my brother's. The only games it has to be capable of playing would be like Zoo Tycoon 2, Rappelz, and maybe Guild Wars. He won't be playing any of those graphics-intensive games. Since right now he has integrated graphics, I'm upgrading it to an AGP 8x 6600GT and RAM to 1GB if possible. Will that be enough?

Lord Mythirion said:
I currently have a Core 2 Duo processor, but the XP is my brother's. The only games it has to be capable of playing would be like Zoo Tycoon 2, Rappelz, and maybe Guild Wars. He won't be playing any of those graphics-intensive games. Since right now he has integrated graphics, I'm upgrading it to an AGP 8x 6600GT and RAM to 1GB if possible. Will that be enough?
If he has a 6600GT, than it should play those games

It's gonna be like a Pentium 4 or Celeron clocked at around 2.5 GHz, give or take a couple tenths. As everyone said before, it pretty much will be useless with current games, but with Zoo Tycoon, etc. it'll be fine.

Well right now my only concern would be if it could play Guild Wars and Rappelz (it's a new free game that just came out Open-Beta by gpotato). Since before he couldn't play those two (due to 256MB RAM and integrated graphics). I just need for him to be able to play those games. You guys are saying a 6600GT and bout 1GB RAM is enough. Sry for repeating, but my dad would get really pissed off if i got parts then didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom