Amd vs Intel

whats the point in putting this kind of quesion in here? there are two kinds of people, people who like intel and people who dont...This will always be a topic of question because intel is way better for some things and AMD is better for others. Although people really only complain about the prices of intel's cpu's. There are Cpu's that will beat AMD its just that people compare the money and not the performance. Just because Intels most powerful chips are servers doesnt mean they should be discounted

The_Necromancer said:
That's b/c the Intel 2.2 gh/z is $128.00 and the 2200 athlon xp is $80.00, any way go to this web site
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2275&p=3
It gets a run for its money againsrt my 3000 939-pin that costs $150 and it costs $800, to be an intel fan is to be a resistor to a new world order, I have been w/ AMD ever since they came out, yes they have an great Income(intel that is) but via preformace AMD will eventually take over Intels market shares, IT is pointless to resist Intel has not been at the top of preformance ever since th athlon XP came out.
Have you not seen that Review? Its an AMD 64 4000+? Thats not your 3000. It costs $719 from Newegg; much more other places. The Intel this 4000+ is up against is handicapped from the start simply by number terms in that its 3.8Ghz. The price; if you're buying a high end processor like those two should not be important or you shouldn't be buying high end.

Eitherway; most of the tests which count - non-Gaming ones, Gaming ones going without saying with 64-bit - the Intel beats the AMD over all anyway - often by a good deal. Sometimes the Intels beat the processor in the seat also; specifically the EE popping up from time to time at 2.34 which is less than most AMDs.

Ok heres the deal in gaming my 3000 cam close to beating the 3.8 intel many a times. Now in the other departments

now in the other departments? you just stopped...randomly dont you have anything to say about the other departments?

ah so your 3000 came close but didnt beat it , and when you get this high in chip performance to get any better than what u got, you have shell out more than 150 to get better performance. Plus the intel is only 32 bit not 64 bit and if it doesnt matter if its 32 or 64 why bother getting a 64.

AMD64 is great chips for gaming, but do not compare to P4's multitasking ability, I give credit there. But otherwise, AMD64s pwn Intel P4s in everything else including on board instructions: MMX SSE SSE2 on P4... MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNow, 3DNow!+ for AMD64s.... Pwned... And they are more efficient and use less power, and produce WAY LESS heat then P4s......... :eek:

lol you get worked up over this ! P4 is a great chip but about the heat issue intel has built in heat warner if it gets too hot it shuts down as for amd they run hot and dont shut down they will burn themselves up and the mobo!! Multitasking is a very big deal its what most people do on there computers.

jac006 said:
for the last time... AMD IS WAY BETTER THAN PENTIUM! i wonder how many times we've had this very discussion. the amd 64 fx is the best and fastest processor out and that's that. (sorry to be a little mean and all but i wanted to be succint here).
wtf are you smoking Jac? P4 is wayy better than AMD!

Back
Top Bottom