AMD socket

and what with the qx6700? if they get down to like 400 500 i might buy one for my pc, or buy like 2 more q6600. Or i could save my money for the penryn.. Does anyone know if they will be LGA 775? i assume the change in Nano meters will change the socket. Whatever, motherboards are cheap.

Better yet they should make mobos with dual lga 775 for quad cores, they will be so cheap why not.

anyway, thelis im going to bed, if you have any more questions about the e6600 or q6600 just hit me up on aim (mtotho) or pm me tommorow. Or if u just want to talk about how to get the most out of ur hardrive by hitting it with a hammer.

and what with the qx6700? if they get down to like 400 500 i might buy one for my pc, or buy like 2 more q6600. Or i could save my money for the penryn.. Does anyone know if they will be LGA 775? i assume the change in Nano meters will change the socket. Whatever, motherboards are cheap.

Better yet they should make mobos with dual lga 775 for quad cores, they will be so cheap why not.

anyway, thelis im going to bed, if you have any more questions about the e6600 or q6600 just hit me up on aim (mtotho) or pm me tommorow. Or if u just want to talk about how to get the most out of ur hardrive by hitting it with a hammer.

you cant even fully use 4 cores yet 8 cores is OVERKILL SQUARED!

DO IT!! Boot speed is reduced IMO. And even if u dont need 4 cores yet, u will be set for a while. And who cares, get it for the same reason anyone would get a Hummer, u could plow all the cars on the road and drive off road.. but u never do. Yea there only 500 bucks now, just cut some stuff down and its really not that much more, when i got the e6600 it was like 300 or more i think. QUAD CORE. I must of got the magical silicon piece because mine is running extremely cool, especially for being in this micro atx small ass case. they arent false readings, the heatsink is cool the touch.

If the heatsink is cool to the touch...then its not doing it's job. The Quads get very hot unless your room temperature is like 10*C.

Dual LGA sockets? Its there...LGA771 for Xeons. You can have 2 Quad core Xeons.

Desktop with dual sockets? You wish. Your only route is LGA771. Two Quad Xeons will own a C2Q anyday :)

Dang....is that AMD's comeback weapon? It looks like the profit made on that processor can't even pay Hector's salary :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom