amd sempron 3200 1.7ghz upgrade

btcchris

Baseband Member
i have a what used to be a compaq persario i had bought at best buy about 4 years ago for $500 out the door the mother board is an msi (not at my computer right now so i dont have the exact model of it) and the cpu is a amd sempron 3200 my question is i looked all over new egg and tiger direct and is there any plug and play processor upgrades for that socket

my main goal is to play call of duty modern warfare 2 but you need a min pentium 4 or a amd 64 3200 3.2ghz processor / or im told a 2.4ghz dual core so i fall a little short everything else passes with flying colors

soooo........ if i can just upgrade the cpu with out buying a new mother board and ram that would be great if not its gona have to wait a while cuz im saving up for my new deer rifle :D

You must have a socket 939 motherboard. Cpus of this type are most easily found on ebay, unless your willing to pay a somewhat high price for them in a small selection of online stores.

You can still get some pretty beastly 939 cpus maybe not on the egg or tiger, but def. new in box on ebay. just look for power or preferred sellers.

You can still get some pretty beastly 939 cpus maybe not on the egg or tiger, but def. new in box on ebay. just look for power or preferred sellers.

you run a computer store can you find me one and get me a price i will order it through you... idk if they make a dual core i will send you the specs on the mb

Back
Top Bottom