AMD Phenom X3?

AMD has announced that they are going to come out with a triple-core Phenom processor. Let's hope they will be better than their quad cores.
Why do they need to be better? The 9850 performs as well as the Q6600 clock for clock, and can reach 3.4GHz (1.45V Vcore).
I hope they will release a 8750 black edition which should overclock a bit better than the Phenom X4s.

This thread really got me thinking... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183025&page=12

so would this mean a whole new line of Mobo's would have to come out just to support the X3's or maybe BIOS updates would do the trick. cuz i want one now

Am I right in thinking the Trio processors, are basically quads that have a failed processor in manufacturing, but otherwise fine?

Am I right in thinking the Trio processors, are basically quads that have a failed processor in manufacturing, but otherwise fine?

i heard they were quad cores but had one core disable ? and that people were thinking eventually there is gonna be a way to reenable it so everyone has fingers crossed

Because the Phenom X4 is a native quad core (unlike C2Q), when one comes out the fab and just a single core is bad, or can't clock as high, it has to go in the bin. Phenom X3 is just a way of saving money and not having to chuck that processor away.
Phenom X3s are Phenom X4s with one bad core.
so would this mean a whole new line of Mobo's would have to come out just to support the X3's or maybe BIOS updates would do the trick. cuz i want one now
Current mobos that support the Phenoms will support the tri-cores too.

Back
Top Bottom