AMD Overdrive

PokerDegenerate

Daemon Poster
Has anyone ever used this program? I have never used it before but for the hell of it I DL'd it and was fooling around with it. It has a stability test on it so for the hell of it I figured I would try it out but I am getting way lower temps from this stability test than I was with Prime95.

How is this possible if both are showing my CPU at 100%?

I mean 100% is 100% right?

Also when making changes on here does it make them in the bios as well or is it something that you would have to do every time you boot your computer?

I would never trust any program that claims it makes changes in the BIOS. I think they are called "dynamic BIOS adjusters". Ntune has something like that; it almost killed my hardware.

i use the overdrive feature.
it dosnt make it a permanent change, and i think you can set it to start up at the OC'd setting when rebooted.
though i'd trust P95 over that stability test in Overdrive. the P95 uses the whole system to test, and the overdrive test is just to make sure the Proc is stable, i think. just an idea.

:) yeah I don't really trust it I was just wondering how good it could be if its not taxing my system half as much as P95. It was like a 7 degree difference in load temps on AOD so I didnt think it was very effective and was wondering if it is just something that is worth using at all. I know that I will still go by P95 because if I am getting higher temps it must mean my system is being "tortured" more. :D:D

Not necessarily. It could simply mean that it may be reporting the wrong temps. ;)

But Im using the same program for temps with both running. I use Coretemps so I don't think it would have the wrong temps for one but not the other or is that possible?

The coretemps actually shoots out the same temps that AOD does when I was running the stress test on there.

Back
Top Bottom