AMD or Intel

You look at there Specs on the page where you buy them off of. just compare them theres charts out there to.

I love both, but it really depends on your needs. The price per core and computer power is better then Intel. I believe that Intel has the most powerful processors.
If I had to choose one it would have to be Intel.

I've built 2 computers, the 1st using an intel i-5 processor, the other using and AMD Phenom II. Didnt have problems with either one, so I'm neutral for now.

I prefer Intel, but haven't really used the AMD processors that much so I can't really be a good judge of which one is better.

AMD is better for gaming while Intel is better for Video editing and processing a lot of stuff. But that might change when Bulldozer comes out. AMD is also better if you're on a budget.

It used to be AMD if you did graphics and Intel if you did calculations mainly. Nowadays since the GPU does the workload of graphics and with improvements to AMD chips, it's as they say more a matter of taste and which motherboard has all the features you like. AMD usually had the best price so most home builders went with that brand. Personally I doubt if any user could tell any difference in speed between comparable chips. So look at the motherboards that support each chip set and go with the one that has the features you want.

Honestly, I really like what Intel is doing with their next gen chips, as opposed to the Bulldozer idea. I'm incredibly excited about the next generation of Intel processors... I just hope they don't cost a ton.

Yah, it will leapfrog them ahead, but AMD will come out with something comparable soon and since they generally have the best price for high end chips it will be back to square one again.

Yah, it will leapfrog them ahead, but AMD will come out with something comparable soon and since they generally have the best price for high end chips it will be back to square one again.

I'm not so sure of that though. Intel is changing things up on a very fundamental level. I don't know how AMD will do the same, without breaking some sort of patent law or something. Idk.

Back
Top Bottom