AMD or Intel?

AMD would be the best choice for anything it really just depends on which chip your gonna get if you planning on doing video editing and that get something like a X2 or a FX processor.

Chris

Depends on the range of CPU. Low range ie, Athlon 64 3000+ or Intel P4 630 I'd go intel. For high end, I'd go dual core Athlon 64. Thats my Preference.

Lower end or higher end... amd still owns. The only good pent. is the M. Cool, quiet, and fast. Everything else... I'm sorry. Go to amd.com and check out the benchmark's and such...

I've use both Intel and AMD right from the days of Pentium 75mhz processors and i'd have to go with AMD as a final choice. they're far better value for money in comparison to intel and from what i've used they are much more efficient with the power that they have. As for Intel being better at multi tasking, i can't say i've noticed any difference really.

AMD have something to proove, and to an extent it is this fact that makes thir processors so good - they work hard to proove the fact that they are just as good, if not better than Intel; Just look at Intels marketing, it's far stronger than AMD, all the major system manufacturers sing the praises of Intel, Yet AMD still lurk in the background with all the new technology.

I'll stick to my AMD's thanks

Yeah, same. Had an intel 3.2ghz ht, and it was relatively fast... but... THIS AMD BABY SMOKES! lol...

jac006 said:
Lower end or higher end... amd still owns. The only good pent. is the M. Cool, quiet, and fast. Everything else... I'm sorry. Go to amd.com and check out the benchmark's and such...

Why not go to Tomshardware guide instead and get an independant view of CPU performance. Don't be so close minded.

www.tomshardware.com has CPU comparisons for all contemporary CPUs. The P4 630 outperforms the Athlon 3000+ on all benchmarks some by a significant amount. The Athlon 3000+ only out does the P4 630 in gaming by about 7% more frames per second.

In highend, I still opt for AMD's offerings.

Back
Top Bottom