AMD or INTEL/HELP

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
since my last thread about the AMD FX60 i have decided it may be time for a new mobo.I have always had AMD cpu's but i dont do any gaming really i just use the pc for work/dvd's/surfing/etc but i like to keep the pc relatively up to date.

so i could do with some help choosing which board and cpu but to keep the cost down i need a board that can still take a AGP card and DDR as well as DDR2 as i would like to use my existing graphics card and memory. now do i stick with AMD or for a change switch to intel bare in mind i am after duel core.But lets not get into the usual argument about whos best amd or intel we have all been down that road.i want to know which one will i get the most from.
 

Steff

Daemon Poster
AMD definatly though :p So what if technicaly Intel have the fastest cpu, AMD are still better in my opinion :) Better for overclocking etc.
 

freestyler105

Golden Master
Steff said:
AMD definatly though :p So what if technicaly Intel have the fastest cpu, AMD are still better in my opinion :) Better for overclocking etc.
I don't necessarily agree with that, but for right now, unless you want to completely revamp your entire system (new graphics, RAM, CPU, motherboard) you might want to keep AMD for a while.

This motherboard has AGP, DDR, DDR2, and Core 2 Duo support, but I've never heard of the manufacturer:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813185086
Note that it's MicroATX though.

I would just upgrade to something like an X2 4800+ for now:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103544

Also, you might want to upgrade to a PCI Express video card, this card is the best price vs. performance value:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130062
 

LambOfGod

Fully Optimized
freestyler105 said:
This motherboard has AGP, DDR, DDR2, and Core 2 Duo support, but I've never heard of the manufacturer:
PC chips is the manufacturer, they just make cheaper stuff...


and like i said, Opteron is where its at for S939 :D
 

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Yeah well considering what he's doing with the thing, it doesn't really matter. Definitely stick with AMD, you can get by a lot cheaper. If I were you I'd pick up a relatively cheap X2 or an opty. You don't need all that much power for watching dvds and surfing.
 

kjman87

Daemon Poster
D-Lew said:
Yeah well considering what he's doing with the thing, it doesn't really matter. Definitely stick with AMD, you can get by a lot cheaper. If I were you I'd pick up a relatively cheap X2 or an opty. You don't need all that much power for watching dvds and surfing.

what are you talking about...go INTEL QUAD CORE
4GB Ram,2 8800GTXs SLI...

or 939 opty...
i mean either way....haha
 

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
cabbspapp said:
I wouldn't get anything other than an Opteron for 939, best bang for buck.
will the opertron be ok in my mobo as it does not tell me on the abit website it just tells me my mobo is ok for most x2 upto the FX60
 
Top