AMD or AM2 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will all the AMD processors get the price drop, or only X2s ? I have time to wait, I'm not in a rush. If all the prices will drop maybe I could get something better than 4400 ? Is FX55 good ?

Other than multi-tasking, what else can u see from amd vs. amdx2?
At most i might run i-tunes while playing bf2, and have aim running........will a amd3800+, with 2gigs ram, be enough? Dont really want to spend that extra money? LMK

What a good RAM deal that has really fast reliable RAM. i am looking for 2 gigs and plan on using a8n-sli premium mobo, unless someone suggest a better mobo.

you might as well go with the AM2 man. I upgraded to an X2 4200 939 socket and I am kind of regreting not holding off for that extra week or 2 before I would've been able to setup an AM2 rig.

So AMdx2 it is, i hope its worth the extra 200$+
:confused:

So if i go AM2 should i get the socket939 mobo or AM2 mobo??

So if i go AM2 should i get the socket939 mobo or AM2 mobo??

If you get an AM2 CPU, you would get an AM2 motherboard. A skt939 mobo won't work with a AM2 CPU, and vice versa.

Yeah and also u have to get DDR2 RAM
Isn't DDR2 slower ?

it offers higher frequencies but higher latencies as well so go figure.

in my opinion it is quite beneficial for Intel based pc's as they already have a high latency on the on board memory controller so will take advantage of a higher frequency. AMD's integrated memory controller though has an almost negligible latency so in my opinion works far better if memory latency is kept as low as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom