amd/intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
Amd_intel.jpg

bmxfreakrider said:
so? what about it? amd used to manufacture for intel, until they split off and did their own thing. i mean think about it: whered they get the slot 1 idea? physlically the same, just different wiring.

I guess you just completely made that up. Go read some Wikipedia and post back. ;)

AMD used to make Intel processors.
after socket 7 was when AMD and Intel went their separate ways.

Intel made slot 1 for Pentium II's, while AMD upgraded socket 7 to super socket 7 for their K6-II and K6-III processors.

After that, Intel made Pentium 3's, so AMD then made slot A for their Athlon processors.

the Athlon's were better performers than slot 1 Pentium 3's, so Intel went to socket 370 with their Coppermine PIII's.

AMD went to socket A, and made lots of processors in this socket - some Athlons, the Thunderbird, Duron, then the Athlon XP
the Thunderbird was to compete with Coppermine Pentium 3's, with the Duron being the buget version (like the Celeron)

the Athlon XP was made to compete with the Pentium 4 - performing similarly, but being a fair bit cheaper.

Apokalipse said:
AMD used to make Intel processors.
after socket 7 was when AMD and Intel went their separate ways.
Okay, that is a about a year or so before i got into computers. However i did come accross a AMD K5 a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom