AMD in 2006...

Well, maybe I should get help, but millions of people have been infected by Intel commercials, and made to think the P4 is the ONLY processor out there!! What a messed up world we live in!!

Nobody is that stupid - they just trust Intel.

And in 2006 with Longhorn - their trust will be paid off not purely in Multi-Tasking ability as usual but in Frames Per Second over AMD Processors of equal class. DirectX 10 of course; probably the Longhorn DirectX, they don't plan bringing any major anything out until then, will be built for Longhorn and hence for Intel.

It will be a great victory of course though, even before that, in 2005 when Dual Cores come out.

Yeah - it will be interesting. They've had the Americans over it for ages now, and they'll be wary of the EU (they said if Microsoft isn't timly in all its demands they'll charge it $5 Million a Day, which will still take 13 Years to take away even $25 Billion but hey... its not nice at all) so they'll probably have their non-Windows Media Edition in the EU; and certainly a seriously updated Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player, and Windows Movie Maker and MSN Messenger and Security and everything... great.

Did you install FXs Alpha?

Looking at the road map, we now have 2 choices. Go "ah yeah theres loads of super thins coming out in 2006 I'll wait until then and then build my pc" or say, "the new Venice cores look awesome I'm 'avin one of em!"

Computers are moving too fast to wait. I've been waiting from Christmas to build my pc, and already 939 has taken over 754, Newcastle cores have been demolished by Winchester cores, and the new Venice cores are on their way. I may wait to get the Venice if they come out soon enough but most probably I will get a Winchester core.

Life is too short to put off everything because something better is GOING to come out soon. There will ALWAYS be something better which is GOING to come out so what is the point!!!

I'm going to wait until Longhorn, Dual Cores and HVD-Writers. Hopefully Mid to Christmas 2006. My AMD64 should get me through that; Visual Studio is the biggest thing its going to come across until then short of the Longhorn Betas and while its sluggish it works most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom