AMD FX 8350 - Idle Temperatures ?

That's what I plan on doing!

Update guys.. my CPU Cooler EVO 212 is arriving today! (Yay for Amazon Prime).

I would like to effectively remove the thermal paste from the CPU... but I don't have an Arctic Clean nor Isopropyl alcohol.. can anyone suggest of anything else that's good to use? Or even just sufficient? I'm kinda impatient and would like to get this cooler on today.. stock fan is just too noisy! Makes me feel like there's something to worry about with it!

Many thanks.

Great!

Isopropyl alchol or any other clean alcohol will work. But whatever you do? Do not use anything that have soap in it!

And use a lint free cloth or a piece from a coffe filter.

Tip. Run the computer for a while to soften up the old paste some. Then, the risk are less that the cpu will come out of the socket sticking to the base of the cooler when you remove it.

Last edited:
Brilliant! The cooler has arrived.. shall install and report back with new temps :)

Hmm.. maybe a splash of vodka as a substitute? xD

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Sorry to be off topic at but OP I like your case..

Thanks BK! Tis' a BitFenix Neos ATX Tower Black/Red :)

All installed now!

Idle temperatures appear to be around 30-33 degrees! Super quiet too :)

The new paste applied probably needs a little while to 'warm up' so to speak.

Did anyone who has an EVO 212 find it a bit of a pain to install? I found the 'scissor' plate was a bit awkward ensuring it was fitting into the screw holes just fine... also the heatsink appears to be eeeeever to slightly off.. with maybe a millimeter of the top side of the CPU showing.. just a tiny fraction.. but I assume that's likely quite normal and nothing to be concerned about.

The thing is huge as well.. if it was any bigger I wouldn't have been able to get the side of my case back on! It actually touches it too!

Further more.. just ran a stress test on Prime95.. temperature basically refused to go above 60 degrees.. I think that's pretty solid!

Last edited:
Nice!

He, he, he! That is the Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212 for you performance wise. :)

I have'nt got it myself on the FX 6300 I have got. But I have read before when doing some research for a third party cooler, that it whas a bit of a pain to install yes.

Quite many customers complained about that the instructions where not the best to say the least.

Quote: also the heatsink appears to be eeeeever to slightly off.. with maybe a millimeter of the top side of the CPU showing.. just a tiny fraction.. but I assume that's likely quite normal and nothing to be concerned about.#

Did you set the "scissor plate" adjustents to the middle settings? That is required for the AMD cpu's. Look at the video below.

On the other hand, your cooler seem to get the work done in style anyway.

Yeah, in most midtower cases you just have a couple of millimeters at the best to spare with such a big tower cooler.

The new thermal paste will need anything from 24 hours up to 3 weeks to settle, depending on what make it is and the ingredients beeing used?

Btw. Í just found a very good instruction video on how to mount the 212 Evo on an AMD cpu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO4yokgcOY4

Last edited:
That is the exact video I used to install it! Haha.

I'm most impressed at how silent it is.. really loving it! You should look to invest in one yourself :)

Ha, ha, ha! ok.

Yeah, I know it's a great cooler. It's one of the most popular ones and a bargain price - performance vise.

Yes, I will when next pay check arrives. The stock cooler are o.k. for some days more as the FX 6300 cpu only have a TDP of 95W and that I have got a very good airflow thru my Antec big tower case.

Idle, the cpu hang around 32 Celsius idle and at load around 50 C+. According to the HW monitor software. So the stock cooler fan wont spin at full throttle. But it never hurts to get the temps as low as possible. :) Then one also will have some nice overclocking headroom when needed.

Anyhow, I'm very happy for your sake that the new cooler worked out that well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom