AMD FSB Limite?

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
i see on a brand new motherboards with an am3+ sucket have a FSB limit at 2,6 GHz.
why is that. is'nt the memory controller on the phenium2 CPU it self?
if so, why does it have a limite?
i can also see that the motherboard i am talking about has a "data transfer rate" at 5,2 GT/s. now why does it have 2 different kinde of transfer elements?
also do i have a limit of transfering data between ram and CPU at 2,6 ghz (the FSB) or is it the data transfer rate that is the limit.
i am kinda confused at this subject. i am using INTEL, and thay have QPI/DMI and the data has a transfer rate in the hole system with at speed at what ever the CPU says it has. the motherboard has no limit.
is it the same thing with AMD's phenuim2???

Unlimited FSB Speeds? What mainbord and chipset is this?

I want it!

My Gigabyte MO is max 550 MHz with a amd athlon II 3.21 GHz overclock to 4.24 GHz

My front side bus speed is just at 548.4 MHz

this one: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Republic of Gamers - Bundkort - Hardware - EDBpriser - find og sammenlign de bedste priser og tilbud på danmarks bedste prisguide
the site is in danish but just ignore that. go to "specifikationer" most of the specs are in english. så it will be no troble finding it.

ofcouse that are a limit on a motherboard, but the bottleneck is the CPU in Intel chipsets. by overclocking the cpu the QPI or DMI will increase.
right now my core i7 PC has a QPI at 3,6 Ghz. QPI is the technologi that replaces the old FSB found on example the Core 2, pentium and celeron (the list goes on) Platforms.

Back
Top Bottom