AMD finally beats Intel in dual core CPU's

Re: AMD finnaly beats Intel in dual core CPU's

owell, dual core is slowly dropping now a days, the era is slowly moving more and more into quads now.

its also personal preference man, a lot of people would rather go with intel even if its more just because of the name intel and well intel's great reputation. A lot of people would rather go with AMD for the same reason also

a lot has to do with personal preference

Re: AMD finnaly beats Intel in dual core CPU's

ha dude that doesnt beat intel dual cores. i have the 7750 and trust me it doesnt even touch the E5200, clock for clock the E5200 is faster than the 7750. And when my kuma is at 3.3ghz, my friends E5200 at stock is only alittle slower when we compare pc mark scores. And his E5200 bumps to 4.4ghz with just a .750 increase on vcore.

And just look at the price of the E5200 holysky or even the E5400. intel does better when it comes to dual cores.

Anandtech did a little article on this price range the other day. It proves once again that no brand is better than the other as each has it's own strengths.

Anandtech: 7750 vs E5300.

Cliffs:
- The E5300 comes out on top in general apps.
- The 7750 comes out top in games.

AMD has always done better in games and Intel for editing. Well, in the mass majority of tests anyways.

i dont think thats true, i think intel always was and always will be the cpu leader as long as the two companies remain

amd is doing good iwth ati tho, im glad they havent run it into the ground like alot of bought out companies do to their purchases

i dont think thats true, i think intel always was and always will be the cpu leader as long as the two companies remain

Okay, show me as many benchmarks as you can proving me wrong.

Benchmarks show it is neck and neck with Intel's E5200, and actually out-performs the E5200 in the general application benchmarks (which includes popular Adobe & Microsoft products), and in video encoding. I was pleasantly surprised to see the X2 7750 keep pace with the E5200 in gaming too. One benchmark that kind of threw me was in Far Cry 2 where the X2 7750 beat out the E5200 by a distinct margin.

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/processors/AMD_Athlon_X2_7750_BE_12.html

http://www.techspot.com/review/162-amd-phenom2-x4-955/page11.html

The 955 Black Edition actually keeps up with the Intel i7 Extreme 965 and beats it in gaming. In sythetic benchmarks, the i7 barely edges the 955 Black Edition. The i7 is ahead by a bit in editing. So, let's see.

955 Black Edition=$250 +/- $20

Intel i7 965 Extreme= Processor<$999

So, you're going to pay almost 4x the price for the 965 for a chip that performs worse or equal to one around $250?

well in my opinion, i will never buy an amd cpu, intel will always be on top rohan. What i think mongoman means is that Intel will always be the most popular cpu manufacturer out their, being the CPU leader as he said. Intel always at the top of the charts for most units sold and well i think intel gets more respect than AMD does. AMD encountered a lot of trouble back 2008 with money issues, not sure if they still have any but in my opinion Intel will always be the leader in CPU's unless a new line comes out that beats all which i doubt

Back
Top Bottom