AMD CPU Heatsinks = :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one is going to do that... except for the people who made the video... but hey, so normal people won't randomly take off the hsf off their processors while they are running, but fans do fail from time to time and it's nice to know what processors will die in that situation.

There is also the consideration of a heatsink not being mounted correctly on the CPU, or lack of thermal paste, in which case the thermal protection will quite literally be a 'lifesaver'... I would like to see a comparison between CPU's of today, and the results from the last video.

hmm that is interesting considering I am using a stock heatsink and it seems like it could die any day and I don't know how to get the **** thing off and replaced cuz im a little n00bish at tht

They usually have a lever to pull down which clamps it on.

And besides, you dont need to worry about it failing, the chances are you will of got a new CPU by the time it would start to deteriorate.

old news to some, new news to some.

i'd like to see todays processors. amd has come a long way since those.
heh, maybe if they used a 1.3 duron they wouldn't of smoked hahaha, i don't think they even made enough power to do that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom