AMD casual build for my parents need advice

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hello everyone,

I'm planning on building a very casual PC for my dad and since is only for normal use, doing works on MS Office 2010, occasional youtube videos, browsing the internet e.c.t I decided to go with AMD which is considerably cheaper in price for that kind of use.

Needless to say I don't follow AMD so I might need some advice knowing if the parts I selected are good, compatible e.c.t.

CPU

AMD A4-6300 Richland Dual-Core 3.7GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Desktop Processor AMD Radeon HD 8370D AD6300OKHLBOX - Newegg.com

RAM

Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996586 - Newegg.com

PSU

EVGA 100-W1-0430-KR 430W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC 3 Year Warranty Power Supply Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready - Newegg.com

MOBO

BIOSTAR Hi-Fi A85S3 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

As for OS goes he will be using WIndows 7 professional which i have already.

Thank you for the help in advance!

You could get a Haswell Pentium for pennies (few bucks) more that would run circles around that APU. It also has built in graphics and would be perfect for casual use with better upgrade options later.

Edit: Nvm, I was thinking of the Celerons. Still, same thing.

Last edited:
That's a decent economy set up. It'll work for your basic web surfing, doing emails and some on line shopping.
What kind of case are you putting this stuff into?

Thanks for the feedback and replies :)

I have medium tower case laying around that I'm planning on using, that's why i didn't add a case. Is a very generic case nothing fancy but will do the work.

Back
Top Bottom