Amd athlon and celeron

acerrc500

Daemon Poster
Guys if buyed amd athlon or celeron i could put any software or any cd?

I know pentium it opens any cd any software but celeron or amd athlon is cheaper.

I wouldn't even think about the celeron. Its a peicer.

The athlon would run much faster.

The Celeron is just about capable of running solitair and wordpad. An XP is a very good chip for the money.

It's no contest.

soccerfan said:
Guys if buyed amd athlon or celeron i could put any software or any cd?

I know pentium it opens any cd any software but celeron or amd athlon is cheaper.
That makes no sense. But generally - given that choice AMD is going to be the best; Celeron is a Cheap Intel Alternative that in most cases is not worth the silicon.

Stretch to a Pentium though - that would be worth it to write CDs.

You can open any software or any CD on Windows - the Processor doesn't matter other than for speed of doing such. You could have a Transmeta and it would do that.

Yes, you cant beat the P4 for multitasking and they've just dropped in price. If you can stretch to one, go for it.

Lord K, is that a new machine?

For some reason I though you were on an XP not a 64. How far are you off getting a new graphics card, I assume your saving.

Nah; got the money but Geforceboy is on Holiday :( Until then I can just keep on saving for another Computer.

I wonder if there's a normal hobby which costs more than Computers? Normal of course counting out collecting World War 2 Battleships; collecting the Brains of Famous historical figures...

Back
Top Bottom