AMD announces socket AM3 Phenom II processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how most of the time, the X3 will beat the more expensive 920 and 940 PII's in most benchmarks

Its due to the fact that the 720 still has 6MB L3 cache even though its a triple core.

So its 3 Cores sharing 6MB (2MB per core) instead of 4 cores sharing 6MB (1.5MB per core)

But the L2 cache is still 512kb per core.

Ahh, ok, that kind of confused me, never did really study anything dealing with L3 in my life, never thought they would put in an L3... So yea, now I can def see a good tri core that is similar to a quad, with the same cache possibly out perform the quad in normal apps...

Considering the X3 720 is faster clock for clock then the 7750+ and will over clock to about 3.7ghz+ while the 7750 can not. Even in benchmarks the X3 720 competes with the E8400, while the 7750+ falls quite a bit behind.

Maybe AMD is releasing it at $145, but soon enough it will drop down to about $120 or so.

Trust me, I'd rather get it than the 7750, I've seen how much the X3 trumps it...if it drops to around 120, I'll try to save up more money for it.

max_screen.png

max_valid.png

max_pi.png

system.jpg

Phenom II X3 720 + LN2 @ 5920 MHz - XtremeSystems Forums

As am I... with its low price, it can give the e8400 a bit more competitiveness, since its $30 cheaper and not that much slower

I see somebody is already planning to upgrade his X2 7750?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom