AMD 64 3500 ? worth it?

cnl83

Baseband Member
Im looking to get a PC with the AMD 64 bit processor. My question is, is it really what its all said to be? I mean I do web development, graphics, and video on a 1.9 GIG AMD ATHLON with 700 MEGS of ram, and 64 MB Video. It does the job, but still has its slowness at times.

Im looking to get
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 processor 3400+* with 64-bit platform; 1600MHz system bus with Enhanced Virus Protection for Windows XP SP2, and HyperTransportâ„¢ Technology

1GB PC3200 DDR memory for multitasking power, expandable to 2GB

I would appreciate the input. Or should I just go with a P4 HT?

It is in my opinion for those who wish to upgrade their PCs to jump on the 64-bit bandwagon. Even if you don't like the Athlon 64, get the Pentium D for 64-bit extensions.

In the next few years, you will see a trend that will lead to more and more 64-bit computing as more software and hardware are made available. Right now, we are at a transition point where this is starting to happen.

If you don't want a 64-bit CPU just because you think it only supports 64-bit OSes. Then I'd say to go with that CPU and install the standard 32-bit.

As for my opinion, I'm waiting for the frst 128-bit CPU to come out

Me too lhuser, not exactly sure when that is however.
Although if someone was to buy now, it would be foolish not to go for a 64bit processor as they are available.

definately worth it. i suggest an amd 64 3500+ for the extra money, it overclocks great. i got mine up to the speed of a 3800+.

or get an Athlon 64 X2. All the reviews I hear about them is super good and they are super duper fast. Much, much faster than regular Athlon 64's.

Here are some sample reviews:

"This thing is so fast that it practically leaves a burning trail! But instead of scorching the motherboard it runs surprisingly cool. It may be a bit pricey, but if you're planning on running an x64 OS and have an x64 dual core CPU-capable motherboard, then every cent will be worth the speed and performance you'll get out of this excellent AMD chip. Highly reccommended!"

"this trurly amazed me with all the processes you can run at the same time and hardlt phaze the cpu cycles."

"i chose the 939 being one of the newest and am now glad have chosen it 2 servers running 3000x64 cpu clustered etc very nice and i can play games at same time cant wait to buy this cpu for a upgrade but no budget to do so lol soon tho :p"

Back
Top Bottom