amd 3800 x2 or intel core2 duo

the mobo just can be standard 1 pcei slot, iam not gonna sli the cards, i just need a mobo that supports core 2 duo.

Actually, these new Core 2 processors are showing that video cards are still being forced back with even newer processors.

The Conroe core processors can get 30+ and even 50+ more FPS than a high end FX22 AMD CPU on games.

So with SLI systems and such with fast running 7900GTX's, your talking over 200fps in some games at high resoloutions, compared with lower resoloutions on older CPU's.

They are extremely good overclockers, and seems pretty easy to do too with the right hardware. Since Pentiums tend to be easier to overclock anyway.

a good motherboard to go with 2MB Conroes is the Gigabyte DS3. For those who know me, i rarely recommend Gigabyte. But the DS3 is just a work of art. If you can afford it though, P5B Deluxe is the next step up. The ONLY problem the DS3 has is compatability issues with high end RAM that the manufacturer programs the SPD to start up at 2.1V+. But most modules should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom