AM2 vs 939 pin and why?

Rippy087

Baseband Member
Well I'm getting ready to build my second rig. Currently, for roughly the same size, I can get a AM2 mobo and AM2 processor or a 939 mobo with a 939 processor. I know that AM2 is newer technology, put some people are saying that there are RAM issues with it atm? Which would you go with and why for a high end gaming system? I think I might as well wait till jul 24th for the prices to drop so im in no particular hurry right now.

Thanks,
Jake

Well I just read about the Conroe a bit, and I guess I'm gonna wait and see how the prices and performance are once it comes out. I'll make my descision then.

Thanks,
Jake

well the cheapest conroe will b around 150 dollars so u can get that and it will still b amazing fast!!!!!....so u could do that or if u want high end u could go even faster!!!!!!...i may wait for conroe to upgrade my computer! goodluck choosing

$183 to be exact. ;) I'm getting the E6600, it only costs $310-ish and it already outperforms the FX-60. :D

ya im thinking about making an intel build once the conroe comes out, but i bet amds counter cpu will beat it somehow

i built my computer too recently and i'm not gonna let my 3800x2 just collect dust. so i can't really upgrade, i really wish i had waited though. don't make the mistake i did! lol wait for conroe.

gaming_freak said:
ya im thinking about making an intel build once the conroe comes out, but i bet amds counter cpu will beat it somehow

isnt amd's answer to conroe am2?

in that case if the benchmarks and numbers predicted by intel are true then it should blow amd away. Unless amd has something else that I havent heard of.

Back
Top Bottom