AM2 to AM3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woop ting

Beta member
Hi people... I need to know one thing... I was going to upgrade to a Core 2 duo when it is release because im in much need for a upgrade.. anyway, i saw that AMD are bring out AM3, next year Jan, which will problz retake the crown for gaming.

If i get a AM2 instead of Conroe will i just need to upgrade my CPU and Memory (DDR3) when AM3 is on offer?.. and than thats it, will i need a new mother board as well? :rolleyes:

Do you think i should go for AM2 and wait for AM3 or go with Core 2 duo and hope for the best ?? I'm finding it hard to decide!!

wait till July/August of 2009 AMD will be coming out with AM5, which will have quad-core, reverse hyper-threading, strawberries, and whipped cream.

aliasaid said:
wait till July/August of 2009 AMD will be coming out with AM5, which will have quad-core, reverse hyper-threading, strawberries, and whipped cream.

I'm waiting for the AM12 which will be female, silicone enhanced and horney! :):p :eek:

AM2 is a socket...AM3 would be another socket...meaning new everything...

I'm liking that one, RicoDirenzo. Can't wait.

In all reality are you willing to wait almost a year for a socket that might be the same as its under brother? And ill take a couple of those silicone inhanced ones too.

omg this is going to turn into a "wait for AM3" via amd fans ( im one of em but hey...).

AM3?

how about we wait till the entire amd line of am2s come out! :p

yea if your trying to make it more future proof, keep in mind that future proofing a pc is impossible

Don't EVER delay a build for more than 6 months. The new tech your waiting for, if its specific, probably will change a lot by then. Don't ever wait that long. That is just dumb if you have the money. buy it build it sell it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom