• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Ok here is a simple Poll:)

If you were to build a system when conroe is released what would you build it on?

Here is my take: I voted socket 939. and before you all start bashing me this is why.

There is way too much hype sourrounding Conroe, and I want to see non-intel controlled benchmarks when its released. My socket 939 system does wonders and I love it. And yes I realize there will be no more upgrades in terms of the cpu for 939. Im fine with that. Conroe seems dandy and all, but personally Im waiting for a bigger change. KL8 looks promising and maybe shows DDR3 support and the move to 65mm CPU's. Sure the conroe rips it up, but I dont think its worth it to sell my mobo ram and cpu just to get one cpu, and then have to buy ram, then have to buy a mobo.

I know were going to get alot of conroe votes, but what im looking for is people who acctualy own say an am2 system or own an 939.
But for the others please vote :)

Lets please not turn this into a flame war. I put this in off-topic mainly becuase I know there are going to be alot of opinions and such and I feel it deserves to be here and not in the polls section or elsewhere.

I voted Conroe if I were to build when it gets released.

Mainly because of the performance it will have. And the low cost. I can really say I am impressed.

However, if it were Q1 2007 when I really am going to build, that would be different. It would be close to K8L's release and I might want to see how that performs itself.

AnthraX said:
Mainly because of the performance it will have. And the low cost. I can really say I am impressed.
Yeah it really is at a low cost in terms of how it performs:D

AnthraX said:
However, if it were Q1 2007 when I really am going to build, that would be different. It would be close to K8L's release and I might want to see how that performs itself.
As well. I plan on a massive upgrade when that stuff comes out, it just makes more sense.

seems whe have a ghost who voted for AM2 but didnt post:p

Oh welll:)

Nice input anthaX;):cool:

well conroe, duh, but if i were to choose am2, i would get s939, because remember am2 is also available for am2, and the only difference is the ram which is a lil bit cheaper than DDR.

john3 said:
well conroe, duh, but if i were to choose am2, i would get s939, because remember am2 is also available for am2, and the only difference is the ram which is a lil bit cheaper than DDR.

Yeah but the advantage AM2 has over 939 is that it can introduce DDR3 later on. Basically its way more Upgradable.

Ive seen Conroe in action, the hype is well worth it cause it freakin PWNS. Im going to vote for Conroe becuase im going to try and win one at the convention today. (When i say seen i mean ive played on a Conroe PC)

P.P. Mguire said:
Ive seen Conroe in action, the hype is well worth it cause it freakin PWNS. Im going to vote for Conroe becuase im going to try and win one at the convention today. (When i say seen i mean ive played on a Conroe PC)

You and your CPL/WSVG convention thing suck. :p

If you win a second Conroe, I call dibs. :cool:

If you're talking about choosing between these on the very day that c2 processors come out then I would be inclined to buy a 939 processor if I absolutely had to as the difference in performance of processors is not noticable very much at all and an AMD64 can handle anything I need it to do

The only reason I'd stick with AMD64s is because new technology is going to suck regardless of how promising it looks...gotta wait for more boards to ease into the market and have the bugs worked out, any good 939 board, taking the lanparty for example, was released a while after initial 939 launch dates and if you're looking at early bios versions they weren't nearly as stable as they are right now

That coupled with the fact that I refuse to use any processor with DDR2, and I am still not very fond of Intel's lack of flexibility with compatibility and their insistance on releasing a new chipset for every single little modification

I think I would stick with AM2, allready made an AM2 build because my 754 build died and it was AGP, but I would stick with AM2 because of DDR2 and hopefully future DDR3 support with the newer processors and motherboards, and the fact that the AM2 processors are cheaper than 939 processors, or atleast they where when they was released. The AM2 3000+ Orleans is like $90. Plus when Conroe is released there will be a shortage to many people will want to buy it. And the fact that people only seem to like it because of its overclockability and price ratio....

Have had 2 S939 computers and 4 different CPUs. I must say AMD processors are very stable and very fast. But its pretty obvious that the Conroe will just change the way I think about Intel processors. Will be making a Conroe build right when it comes out. If I'm not satisfied, I'll be selling the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom