Am I the only one...

I run AV on one laptop, cause it's a work laptop and it's forced upon me.

I don't use it on my other laptop cause I don't need it. I've never had a virus, and I'd notice if the computer was behaving differently.

besides which if I did get a virus on that machine I'd just format it and re-install all the OS/Apps.

I do run AVG however I rarely run a scan. If I do feel the need to look for virus/spyware I'll run MalwareBytes - AntiMalware program. It's the best I've ever encountered.

My AV is called CommonSense. It's not 100% Accurate, but it doesn't affect system performance... :p

I've always thought whether I need to run AV software or not.

I mean... my computer is plugged into my wireless router, which has two firewalls in it.

I run an avast! scan on anything I download but I rarely run the full system scan.

i use avg free but i rarely run scans i just use it for peace of mind.
and i only use windows firewall.

I myself haven't used antivirus on my home computer in years and years. All you need is "Internet Smarts" Much like Street Smarts you wouldn't go walking down a back alley at 2am in Compton yelling out I HATE BLACK PEOPLE while holding a Wad of Cash and wearing a KKK Cloak and hood

:)

My version of CommonSense comes bundled with AVG Free.

All I use is the resident service, I don't think I have ever ran a full scan with it. The resident service has saved my computer a few times, but sometimes it can be a pain. When my PC boots up, the resident service uses all of my CPU. Very inconvenient.

Back
Top Bottom