"Am I Infected?" / Virus Removal Section

Anyone else be interested? Also Mod's opinions/thoughts?

I'm still very much interested in doing this, and have seen many sites with this as their biggest section. We would have to structure it a bit, with "approved" members doing the virus removal assistance, and possibly classes to teach others who wish to help in the future.

This, like every other great idea that comes along, self destructs eventually. Like it has now.

Allow me to answer all of the above in one swell foop. ;)

I am not sure where we are in the timeline, but once CF merges with Techist/Tech-Forums there is/will be Virus, Spyware and Malware forum.It already exists at Techist/TF but is rather understaffed with mainly one mod and one or two regulars chipping in. Any who know their stuff(*) will be more than welcome to join in with it.

(*) By "know their stuff" I mean those who actually know what they are doing, as in can read a HJT log and can guide a n00b in deleting what needs deleting without crippling their machine. There have been several who have given their "advice" who, honestly, didn't know their rectum from a hole in the ground. I will definitely rely on the senior members and mods to let it be known who is and who ain't.

There has been no announcement of any sort of a merger with another forum. Where are you getting this information?

If this is true then you damn sure won't be seeing me around anymore. Your registration page asks for a prospects birthday. This is used to calculate their age and is a blatant violation of the law. And you have to answer that to get to the next page. You can not force a person to reveal their age.

Last edited:
Allow me to answer all of the above in one swell foop. ;)

I am not sure where we are in the timeline, but once CF merges with Techist/Tech-Forums there is/will be Virus, Spyware and Malware forum.It already exists at Techist/TF but is rather understaffed with mainly one mod and one or two regulars chipping in. Any who know their stuff(*) will be more than welcome to join in with it.

(*) By "know their stuff" I mean those who actually know what they are doing, as in can read a HJT log and can guide a n00b in deleting what needs deleting without crippling their machine. There have been several who have given their "advice" who, honestly, didn't know their rectum from a hole in the ground. I will definitely rely on the senior members and mods to let it be known who is and who ain't.

I signed up here just to point out something about your website. IF CF is actually thinking about merging...it's a very bad idea. A good portion of your member numbers come from the spam bots that have been allowed to join and stay in your forums. I scratch my head when I see stuff like that and turn around and find a better forum to lurk on.

In the few months that I've lurked around via my friend, and boss, I've determined that CF is actually a much better place than any I've seen. Sure you get a few people here and there that don't know what they actually mean, but I have yet to see too many people that do not know what they're talking about here.

CF is a great forum on it's own. It already has a dedicated community on it that is willing to help if they know what is being discussed.

This is now the second or third time that I've seen a merger brought up somewhere, but have seen no official announcement or confirmation. It appears to be something that is being discussed behind the scenes.

In order to get further information on the potential merger, I created an additional thread: http://www.computerforums.org/forums/site-admin-news-feedback/site-merger-techist-226794.html

For purposes of staying on topic, and keeping information readily accessible, we should continue that discussion there.

There has been no announcement of any sort of a merger with another forum. Where are you getting this information?

If this is true then you damn sure won't be seeing me around anymore. Your registration page asks for a prospects birthday. This is used to calculate their age and is a blatant violation of the law. And you have to answer that to get to the next page. You can not force a person to reveal their age.

We don't even know the full details of the merge yet, give them a chance to address the issues first!

Back
Top Bottom