Am i getting ripped off?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
After upgrading my PC I was left with parts that I had no use for. I then decided to gather all the extra PC parts and build a PC with hopes of selling it.

One of my buddies that I had been playing online with for many years had agreed to buy it for $500 but he had been very slow with the payment and been dragging it for a month now.

Basically after many weeks of renegotiating he agreed to pay $400 and half the shipping, which is $20 more for him. Total $420 and me adding $20 for shipping. I told him that case has two broken USB ports in front and one of the two CD ROM's doesn't work properly (but who really need two...)

Here are the specs;

Intel Q9450 (Lapped). DFI P35 LP UT MOBO. Nvidia 9800 GTX. G.Skill 4GB 1066Mhz RAM. 500GB HDD. CD/DVD ROM. Ultima 90 Heatsink. Antec P180 Case. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Everything is already installed and good to go.

What you guys think, is this a fair price for this PC? or can I get more from like ebay or something...?

The money will go towards the new ATI 5870 hopefully just in time for Modern Warfare 2 :)

I really don't want to go threw ebay..etc because I never used it and dealing directly makes my life easier, but if we talking about $200+ more that I can get for this then I will make time.

I may not be the best one to tell ya, But I would think you could get a bit more than that for those specs and OS.

I may not be the best one to tell ya, But I would think you could get a bit more than that for those specs and OS.

I think you could get more.

I kind of think so to guys, but like with ebay the hassles, insertion fee, final value fee, paypal fee, and the goof who buys it burns it up, or cant figure out a bios setting, and wants a refund scenario makes me not wanting to do it.

I guess I can always try Craigslist...

Well I just sold my computer on ebay for $460. buyer payed shipping of $35
Specs:
Antec 900
Antec 550 Watt modular
ASUS 790FX
AMD Phenom II 940
2GB 800MHz G.SKILL
WD Blue 320GB
Nvidia 8800 GT 512mb
Standard DVD Burner
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Your computer is significantly better specification wise so I would say you should be able to sell it on ebay for about 600 to 675 if you're lucky.

I think you coulda gotten a lot more for that. But I'm not the best with price's on PC hardware.

Back
Top Bottom