Alright.... Video Card time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakie

Fully Optimized
I am getting a new video card within the next few weeks. I am planning on spending UPTO $400.00 US for the card.

What do you think I should get and why?

So far, I am focused on the ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro. *drool*

Id wait for the Geforce FX, but im an Nvidia guy all the way.

Guy said:
I am getting a new video card within the next few weeks. I am planning on spending UPTO $400.00 US for the card.

What do you think I should get and why?

So far, I am focused on the ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro. *drool*

The Radeon 9800 Pro, would be an ideal solution, but seeing as not even the most hard-pressed mind would want to pass, on the video/TV features, etc., then go for the AIW! :p

I am not happy with my ATI,, I had a GeFOrce, and liked it,, went cheap and picked up a radeon 7500,, and now, my video editing capabilities always have an error with the graphics adaptor,,

*grumble grumble*

If you are running XP pro,, and if any one has any documentation to support,,, I am finding that the Radeon chip doesnt seem to be too happy with the OS,,

Further ,, since the change, my Splinter Cell crashes constantly...

you know how frustrating that is when you are right behind the guy and you make your move and...BZZZP!

anyhow,, if anyone,, *MB you always have a great link* has any documentation on ATI vs GeForce,, Please post links,,

*Geforce,, i know you are avid on nVid,, help *

this is a good question,, and yes,, hold your $$$$ cuz i have been reading on the GeF FX and I'm with E...

by the by,, where do you get your allowance from??? $ 400 bucks,, ahhh to be young again and without responsibilities,,,,

Looking forward to the replies,,

cheers,

I'm always with GeForce...didn't experience the ATI uptill now...my advice is that cheaper products are not always good..:D

I'll make sure to send that money right to you Ã…nubis... how do you prefer payment... lol.

I think that I am definatly going with an ATI, for the simple fact that, the 9700 has better benchmarks on everything that I have seen that even the newest GeForce FX... and the 9800 blows* them all away. (* 5 FPS or more)

But the 9800 alone is $400. I can get the 9700 AIW for $385. I am so torn.... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom