Alright, this may sound stupid, but I need some help

joe pic

Fully Optimized
hey guys,

ok well my aunt calls me up telling me "my computer is slow"

... okay.

see, the problem is I don't really know what to tell her. theres so many different reasons why it can be "slow"

when someone tells you their "computer is slow", its such a broad statement and theres not much you can tell them...right? i dont know, but I didnt know what to tell her, except I would come over and take a look at it. she assumed it was a virus, but that's what everyone assumes when their computer is "slow". she also told me that when she had the same problem she "brought it into circuit city one day and they fixed it and it was fast again"

but what do you think they did? I was going to start talking about spyware and adware, but she doesn't know anything about that and I didn't really want to go into depth explaining it, because she'd never understand.

so what should I do when i go there? a system restore? uninstall some adware? check for viruses? my computer never goes "slow". I guess because she doesn't maintain hers.

does anyone have any advice?

Well, what are the specs, what OS she running on those specs? How long has it been since an uninstall, what has she got in her startup? Virus's, spyware?

There's loads of things.

yeah, but if i ask her "what are your specs" she'll think im from another planet, she doesn't know anything about computers. she said it's good, and i'm assuming it's good because she said she spend $2200 on it last year, so I would think it's good, unless she got ripped off. i bet she bought from circuit city, since thats where she brought it in

but its not a problem about it being a slow computer, its just running slower than normal. so apparently before it was running "slow", it was "fast"

its gotta be good, i'm assuming a 2.8 ghz p4, 512 mb of ram and probly some intel media accelerator onboard video card. i dont know

Well in that case, running processes, something like that. Just go and have a mooch on it.

yeah i guess i would run adaware, defragment and close some processes, but i dont know

maybe the processor is overheating a bit. cuz my friend had a new computer, and it was running like a p2 333mhz. the i cleaned out his fan, and it was running really fast.

Back
Top Bottom