Almost got scammed on craigslist.

TheNerdal

In Runtime
So I was advertising my computer repair services on Craigslist and I got emails from different people that had the same format. I googled it and, sure enough, it was a scam. I went a long with it and got the Scammer's address and Facebook, she was a lady. What should I do?

btw, the scam was her selling me fake checks that looked real and trying to get me to send her money via Western Union.

Don't send her any money. What else can you do? I suppose you could contact the Better Business Bureau...

I've heard of people reporting this stuff to the FBI, but in this day and age, I have trouble believing our government cares anymore.

So I was advertising my computer repair services on Craigslist and I got emails from different people that had the same format. I googled it and, sure enough, it was a scam. I went a long with it and got the Scammer's address and Facebook, she was a lady. What should I do?

btw, the scam was her selling me fake checks that looked real and trying to get me to send her money via Western Union.

Get cash instead? I do that a lot. Checks to me is like saying "scam me." I hate checks, to many problems.

Back
Top Bottom