Allright, who's thewiseguy

TheGreyOne

Solid State Member
that thought putting pads on the i7 920 and pins on the socket was a good idea??? I almost had a heart attack putting my new cpu in tonight.

Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight Fight

EDIT: fk i cant go full caps :(

that thought putting pads on the i7 920 and pins on the socket was a good idea??? I almost had a heart attack putting my new cpu in tonight.

Are you talking about the protective cover? You need it on there so it doesn't damage your pins.

I think he means having the pins on the socket and not on the CPU like AMDs and older Intels.

I actually like that. Dont have to worry about bending the pins on the CPU, which is usually the most expensive piece of hardware i buy.

I actually find it hard to bend any pins on a CPU. There pretty stiff unless you decide to toss it around or put it somewhere without proper packaging, their fine.

Plus, I don't like to have my hands on a CPU for more than I need to have my hands on it. I don't touch the pins, don't touch the surface on the CPU, and just plop it into the MB. What's the problem? The CPU is the one thing in the computer that you hardly ever touch. It's just pick up and plop into socket.

I think what this guy is trying to say is that with AMD, you can't put the CPU in wrong while you can do that with a Intel CPU.

I think what this guy is trying to say is that with AMD, you can't put the CPU in wrong while you can do that with a Intel CPU.

How? There are notches AND an arrow. Frankly, you'd have to be blind and stupid to put it in wrong :D

Totally not appropriate, but...
HELEN KELLER!
(Did you know that Helen Keller had a dollhouse in her back yard? ...neither did she! :p)

Sorry hahaha...it's just what blind and stupid made me think of even though she was deaf and not stupid...haha.

Its just that I am not used to pads and pins. I am a Navy Avonics Technician and have been working with dips and such for over 9 years, I am also a certified micro miniture repair technician that can solder any smt or through the board component known to man. Seeing a pin and pad configuration is like listening to a dog meow to me...

Back
Top Bottom