All smart people..please help :(

mr niceguy

Solid State Member
Hey. Im really new to computers. I have a compaq. I dont know any of the specs, sorry. If you could tell me where i can find the specs, ill post. Anyway I was wondering , christmas is coming up and i can get some new equiptment for my computer. I was wondering what kind of stuff I need to play cool games like Lineage and World of Warcraft. Will a video card cover the needs? Right now the games run really slow and at really bad resolutions. Im just sick of it. I wanna be able to run it at a decent speed and have good resolution. I have really fast internet but all games just seem to look bad. What kind of stuff do I need to buy in order to change that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !! :)

9 years old? o_O You need a new one to play much of anything. Nothing you can really do to that one to make it any good with today's standards.

A good graphics card is imperative to play all new games. I think a GeForce 5700 or Radeon 9700 should be good enough to play today's games at a pretty good resolution and not tear a big hole in ur pocket.

How much do you want to spend on a new PC? honestly, you need a decent budget to get a decent comp. just give me a budget, and ill give you a configuration to get for your needs.

BTW- What are you gonna be using this computer for? What would you like it to do for you. A PC needs to fit your lifestyle. If you want to play games, then you need a pretty powerful computer. if you just need a basic typing/internet computer, that doesn't take to much at all.

piece one together if you can't afford it all at once, buy a cpu, then a board, find a good deal...pick it up. Thats what I do..

I cant spend to much. I was just wondering if a video card is mainly what I need to run a game somewhat decent :[ idk about my budget..u guys will probably laugh but..nothing aboVE 250 dollars :[

you should be able to afford a Gefroce FX5900 GX with that i think(sorry unsure of value of dollor), try www.ebuyer.com you'll find cheapish parts there,

Make sure your Motherboard Supports AGP 8x Before you purchase

e1cks

So if i just buy a video card..and its compatiable with my computer..I can run most games somewhat smooth? anything else needed? btw i appreciate ur guys's help so far :]

Back
Top Bottom