All programs unable to connect to the internet when attempting to log in

PapaChalka

Beta member
All of my programs that I've tried cannot connect to the internet when attempting to log in. For example I have attempted to use bandicam and log in the register key, it always says cannot connect to the internet, I went to the FAQ for that program on it's website, and did all of the 5 following steps it suggested: renaming the host file to host2, reset the system clock, disabled the firewall, allowed the software access for the firewall, and uninstalled the software. None of these solutions worked, this problem has also been consistent in my other programs such as Star Wars the Old Republic. I have stable internet which is why this problem is making no sense to me. Thanks

Do any of your browsers connect to the internet from this computer? Does it show that you're connected to the internet in the icon by the clock?

Do other systems on your network have this issue? Are you wired or wireless?

All of my browsers connect from this computer, yes it shows that I'm connected to the internet, no other systems on this network have this issue, wireless.

Have you tried going hardwired to see if you have the same issue?

May also want to check your proxy settings.

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings -> make sure that "Use a proxy server" is unchecked. If it's checked...either it was accidentally turned on, or you have some malware on your system that you didn't know about (in which we can fix, I'll just need to know if the box was checked).

If it's not checked...we may want to check for malware anyway.

Well, let's do some malware scans just to make sure that's not the issue.

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

Back
Top Bottom