All my movies are dark...

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
In every movie I play, whether it's in Windows Media Player or WinDVD 7, every movie always shows up dark until I bring up my Nvidia control panel:

rightdo0.jpg

and highlight some options:

highlightje0.jpg

After I do that, the video is normal...

Can anybody suggest what might be wrong?

Specs:
Windows XP Media Center Edition
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
BFG GeForce 7300GS OC
1GB DDR SDRAM
200GB HD

check the settings on your windows player, and your graphics card, and see if that is causing it. It could just be your monitor though..

I would adjust the brightness on my monitor, but not everything is dark, just the movies. And like I said, I can fix it so the movies are normal, but it's an annoyance anyway.

In that interface up top select view. Scroll down to use classic interface and say yes to the next question. Then invoke the setting from the desktop again. The problem is in the overlay controls. In the color control window upper left is a pull down menu. Set that one to all. Then go back to the overlay controls and set them to default.
Sorry for the mix up and having to come back and edit my post.

Switch you Nvidia control panel to classic view, under color correction you'll see a drop down menu labeled "apply color changes to" select overlay then increase the brightness. this should fix it

I thought maybe my DivX codecs were balls, so I went to the k-lite site to get their codecs, and I saw this bulletin:

nVidia drivers

We have seen several reports and questions all over the Internet from people that are having display problems. Symptons include very dark, almost back&white video playback. It happens regardless of which player is used. This problem is not caused by codecs. It is caused by bad nVidia drivers, which configure themselves incorrectly.

If you are experiencing such issues, here are some tips to solve your problems:

Go to your graphics card control panel. Reset all settings to their default values. Important settings are Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Gamma. You can find the control panel via: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced.
If resetting the settings does not help, then find an older version of the drivers. Uninstall your current drivers, reboot, and install the older ones.

Rolling back to the older drivers solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom