All My Data Gone!

windows live onecare isnt' the best. heck, i'd reccomend norton over WLOC. Something you need to remember tho, just because virus scans come up clean, doesn't mean there is nothing there. Anti-virus programs are playing a never-endng game of catch up. There are decent odds that if you got infected with a virus, it could be too new for your anti-virus to detect.

Well i just scanned my comp and guess wat? I found a virus. Its called 'Win32 Hacktool patch a' or something...Anywayz onecare cleaned it. Im actually going to format my computer now anyway, just to make sure everything works good again. I am now scanning with avg just to make sure...And if the virus scan doesnt detect a virus that is actually there how would i know?

It doesnt matter if your formatting your pc, the virus will be wiped. Just do a full format.

ya...Im just scanning anyway cause im curious lol...There was no viruses found. I just got back from school and im going to do a full format right now with Killdisk.

To answer your question, if the come up clean, the only way to tell is if you still have the sympoms of a virus attack.

Ya..Well its formatted now and im downloading everything i need right now. Thanks for all your help guys!

Back
Top Bottom