All Digital TV in 2009?

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
They are saying that TV will go all digital in 2009, forgot the date. How are they going to do this seriously? THink of all the people that still have tube TVs, my family has 4 tube TVs, no LCD/Plasmas. All those Tubes will be useless to watch TV on when that new deal comes out right? So all those TVs are going to be thrown out, which can't be any good for the environment... I don't really care one way or the other, I never watch TV on my TV, just DVDs. So I wouldn't pay anything for TV service and can't afford a new TV for digital. I'd just live without TV. All we have right now is just about 11 local channels via an antenna on our house.

I think it's a stupid move environmentally. What are your thoughts?

all you need is a converter to make digital TV run on a tube tv, im pretty sure they can run you quite a bit of money though. its actually a good move IMO, we need to set some standards with all this tech mess going on, Blu ray\HD DVD, plasma\DLP\LCD, etc etc, same places we have to go one dimensional

also the date is Jan 1st i think

I heard tubes wouldn't work at all with the digital. Maybe I'm wrong, but you still have to pay for digital TV service anyway. We pay nothing for our 11 channels, just had to buy the antenna. :p When I move out and have to get my own place, I'll live without TV rather than paying for service seeing as how little I watch it anymore anyway.

$30 a month is too much for TV IMO. No one in my family really watches too many of the channels you get with those packages anyway, so it's not worth it. Plus we don't have a whole bunch of money anyway.

that things so stupid i think personally, thats all that my grandma has and she loves it, why cant we just let them be?

Personally with all the Baby Boomers starting to die off now we should expect technology to move leaps forward because having dumbass people that can't use new technology are starting to die. Sure there are still loads of people that don't understand computers and such, to are degree but they can still turn one on and do basic functions.

I know it sounds cruel but theres a lot of things we could do away with if people would just use a computer. A big one being USPS. Sure we would need someone to deliver packages but we could do away with basic mail. Think of all the trees we would save.

what they mean by digital tv is that you'll need a digital box from your cable provider. you know those boxes that providers rent/sell? well yea those. you'll still be able to use your tube tv

what they mean by digital tv is that you'll need a digital box from your cable provider. you know those boxes that providers rent/sell? well yea those. you'll still be able to use your tube tv
I found out I could still use my tube TV, but I still gotta pay for service for the cable to watch it in non-digital... It's one thing extra we would have to pay for monthly and it adds up fast.

It's not that we aren't for better technology, but the technology is too expensive for many people still. As for the people who don't have comps, they either have no use for them, or they are too old and just have no hope of turning them on, let along using them. How those people can drive a car, I don't know, since they can't press 1 of only about 3 buttons on the front of a computer to turn it on...

I think they should still have local channels for free without having to get a converter or anything like that. They suit me just fine, all my mom and dad watch is the news and we get the basic channels like ABC, CBS, and NBC...

Well, I cant even get cable, so how would that work? We can use either the antenna we have, or waste money on satellite that we would rarely use, only to see the Packers beat the Patriots maybe.

Back
Top Bottom