Alienware PC... all its cracked up to be?

TitanMATRIX

In Runtime
I'm looking for a new PC. I spotted a few alienware PCs before and they are NICE. However I was wondering if they were all they are cracked up to be. As I'm reading the specs its pretty amazing computers... there is the one I was looking at.

http://www.alienware.com/products/aurora-desktop.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-R5&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

what I was looking for was a really nice computer, fast, and lots of memory with out going too overboard on the cost. Which these things led to me the Aurora... from what I've seen its really good for $800.

Simple answer: no.

You can get a computer with similar or better specs somewhere else much cheaper. You are paying for a name and a fancy bezel/case.

If you're not inclined to building your own, that's not a bad low level gamer, although it is way over priced.

You could easily put your own computer together for much less and with better performing components.

^^^. AlienWare PC's are made by Dell. The famous "NO WAI U KAN OVRKLOCK DIS PC" company. Plus they skimp on the PSU's. Likely that you'll need to upgrade it if you plan on getting a more powerful GPU in the future.

Just my opinions. They aren't bad parts or quality. Just...overly-priced, pre-assembled, locked computers.

thought so. Seemed a bit expensive just for the tower. I might just have to custom make my PC... any suggestions from which company? I don't really like the Dell I had in my past. I don't know how good HPs are. Looks like I have some more research ahead of me...

Its still alot cheaper to buy the parts and assemble them yourself than paying some company to.

ask around in the forum for a good first build for you, or go to newegg and make a build yourself. post it and have people make comments on what to change. It's a fun game.

Back
Top Bottom